Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sam's Felix

Sam looks so handsome in sweaters.  I had to make him a preppy cardigan.  It remains to be seen how it is going to fit him.  I am flying to Boston this afternoon and then he will be able  to try it on in between cuddles. 
The pattern is here.  I really liked the pattern and the directions are great.  Next time I would shape the sleeves. 
I used Plymouth Yarn on close out at Webs. here I see they are running out of colors.  Glad I stocked up when it first went onto clearance.  It is DK, but really so full I would think it is a little more like a worsted.  Of course I didn't do a swatch.....so....what do I know. 
I have the same yarn in another color that is now sold out. It is packed and going with me so I can make a pullover sweater for Sam's big brother Leo while I am in Boston.  
I have also packed airplane sock knitting, and green cotton for a Yoga wrap for my daughter.  I will be holding babies so probably won't get a lot of knitting done, but you never know. There are after all all those hours between midnight and six am. 
Anne ;)

2 comments:

Araignee said...

I know you will be taking advantage of all that wonderful grandma time. I am looking forward to the photos!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How exciting for you! By the time I am reading this you are already there! I know you are having a wonderful time!