Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Thrift Ship Finds

Thrifting 
My favorite past time on a Saturday morning.
I found lots of goodies today.  The shops are all having 50% off sales so that made it even more fun.

So many fun things to include in my shop WeeLambieVintage

I love finding books.

The Illustrations are amazing.
This story book Homer Price by Robert McCloskey the author of Make Way For Ducklings is filled with great drawings.  I remember this donut shop story from childhood.

The Wind In The Willows ....filled with color illustrations.
Illustrations by Ernest H. Shephard
This little toothpick holder caught my eye.
I love that little bird and wishbone!
Lots of brass and shiny objects caught my eye as well.
Little copper pans, a brass pear, filigree gold mirror, copper candlestick.....
It was all lots of fun and I got this great pink cotton purse to use for a knitting project bag.
This one is all mine!

Once again the top of my dining room table is hidden.
The table still has the extra leaves in it from Christmas.  All covered up now!
It was a fabulous morning!
Anne

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann ? I did not realize we had so much in common. I love most of the stuff you do !
I am also a knitter !! Right now I am knitting the ruffle scarves and selling them to make money for my Kairos Prison MInistry.
What do you knit ?
I want to come down and go thrifting with you some day.
hugs Bonnie
bonnie

Unknown said...

Bonnie,
that would be so great!

DeeSweetNostalgia said...

Hey Anne, aren't you from Florida, I want to go out finding treasuries with you. I love your blog, sincerely. I am thrill you were chosen this week. i love to shop at your store. Did not know about the blog but now, you got me. Many sales and many blessings.

Unknown said...

Thanks Damaris,
I am on the Gulf Coast, Venice.
Where are you?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looks like you had a great shopping adventure!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love all your treasures! Especially the angel and the pink bag! I went out last Monday and hit all the shops in one town just right....got a table full of stuff too! Such fun!

Araignee said...

I loved that doughnut story as a child also. What a great find!

kathy b said...

I would have chosen that pink bag also!