Sunday, October 7, 2012

Phoebe

Our Dear Phoebe passed away last night.  With Angie at her side she went peacefully back to our maker.

Angie watched over her.
A Prayer for Animals
Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering:
for any that are hunted or lost of deserted
or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them
we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.
- Albert Schweitzer
 
 
Rest in Peace Dear Phoebe
 

5 comments:

Araignee said...

My deepest sympathies. I admit to shedding a tear while reading your post. The pain of parting with a dear pet is sadly the price we pay for a lifetime of love and devotion. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Sarah said...

Auntie,
So sorry to hear this news. I know how much you love your animals, and that they are family members. I love you. Feel this hug sent over the miles.
Love,
Sarah

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I'm new to reading your blog and was saddened by your Phoebe's passing. :( What a beautiful kitty she was. Angie looks so sad. I wish I could give her a big hug....how very sweet of her to stay by her side to comfort her. ANIMALS ARE THE BEST!!

Unknown said...

Oh - I'm so sorry! It is so hard to loose a pet :(

Gail P said...

Just the look on Angies face says it all! We all feel the loss.