Friday, July 12, 2013

I Dig Vintage Gardens

Mom's Welding Guy!
I did a little planting and of course some hunting for more vintage garden inspirations.
some succulents and pots

such cute little puffy plump plants
I found these tiny little plants at the store and a big bag of potting soil.  I took the plants out of their plastic pots and split them up some by gently prying them apart with my fingers.
tiny little succulents
Mr. Snail looks interested in my project

I searched the house for more dishes
























Vintage Swan Planter from Old Vintage Goodies

I love this vintage swan planter and think it would be beautiful in a table top garden. It is from Old Vintage Goodies on Etsy here

All my little pots
Mr. Snail's garden view.



One thing I need is a little watering device so I can get just the tiny amount of water needed by succulents into their sweet little pots from time to time.
Vintage Small Plastic Watering Can
At HoardersShop on Etsy here

And I don't know how to resist this adorable little Copper shovel brooch.
Copper Shovel Gardeners Brooch  from Marybethhale
The tiny little brooch is from Etsy here

While searching on Etsy and around my own home for inspiration I fell in love all over again with some of my own garden treasures.

Mom's welding Sculpture #1

Mom's Sandwich Glass Mobile


Mom's Welding sculpture #2

My high school art class sculpture 
DottieDigsVintage Gardening Book
here

What ever your style there is sure to be plenty of inspiration on Etsy and around your own home in your collections to get you going on a small garden.
 Get digging!
Anne/ WeeLambieVintage

2 comments:

Araignee said...

Love the little pots. My mom was a great lover of succulents too. I should go steal some from her garden. I think she even has some little pots left in her greenhouse. I foresee a treasure hunt in my future!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love the succulents! I bought a ready made pot of them and it is growing like crazy. Adds a great bit of interest in your garden. Post pics of your pots in your garden!