Sunday, October 10, 2010

Arriving at Gramma and this time a big boy!

Children are born everyday, but this week my first grandson was born.  The son of my second son Andy  and his wife Biz. Another child delivered by C-section!  Beloved by his parents and all his grandparents, family and their friends. He carries a long and cherished family name that ends with Jr.  We will call him Leo. 
On his first day in this world he amazed us all by lifting his head and shoulders up to peer around at his surroundings and find the joy filled eyes of his parents looking back into his. He is a big boy over 9 pounds, soft as the newest early morning breeze and strong as the life force that creates it.  I haven't held him yet in my arms he is far away in New England, but I have him firmly secured in my innermost heart and am brimming with love for him.  Leo I am counting the days down until I am with you.

No comments: