Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dad

 My Dad.

Dad you always took the pictures. The man behind the camera. The photographer. Your hands smelled like the chemicals in the dark room. How I loved to go in there with you and stand in the dark watching you while you picked the papers up with tongs and slid them from one bath to the next. The craziness of watching an image appear out of water and paper. Seeing them one after the other line up on the drying line above the trays. Like mom's laundry hanging on a dark misty day. 


I thought you knew and could do anything and everything. You could act and sing and you made the best pancakes and fudge in the world. 
I don't think I have ever known another soul that loved on this green earth as much as you. You were kindness and compassion, love and trust. 

My dearest Daddy.
I miss you.  If I hadn't known how badly you wanted to live and yet how ready you were to die I would miss you with an inconsolable loss. Yet I do know that your time here was not easy and that now in heavens arms you are at peace with the angels. I will see you again. 
Lambie xxoo

3 comments:

AntiqueShopGirl said...

Oh Anne!! So moving! Such a loving tribute to your dad. Have to confess.....tears rolled down my cheeks. Wishing you peace.....
Antique Shop Girl

kathy b said...

Aww how lucky you are to have had such a dad!!

Araignee said...

Such a lovely, bittersweet tribute.
I wrestle with the thought of losing Daddio often. Losing Mom was so terrible, I can't imagine what it will feel like to have them both gone.