Sunday, June 9, 2013

Painting Journals

I was digging through some old rusty, rustic metal boxes today. They are listings in my etsy shop and I really wanted new pictures of them.  
New pictures require new props. I went in search of my old art journals and some supplies.
I am glad I saved my journals.
I don't paint any more. 
If I ever get to travel I will make a travel/art journal and sketch in it.
I love the bright colors on the rusty patina of this card file.

The work I do on Etsy prepping photos for publishing is a lot like painting. Taking into consideration the colors, blocking, layout, negative space.  I think I like it better than I ever did painting. When I was painting I never felt like I had one original idea in my head.  Styling for photos is a little more forgiving in that department. 
I like the way this turned out.

Chippy rusty and colorful. A great storage area for a studio. It's in my shop here 
This little metal caddy makes a great tray to carry art suppies.
I just may decide to keep it and have some supplies ready should the mood to paint strike again. Til then it is in my shop here.
I have my knitting and knitting is just paint with tangles and knots.
Anne

2 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Isn't it so hard to get something to sell in your shop and then end up loving it for your own use? I struggle with that all the time! I LOVE the caddy!

Araignee said...

I also have a shelf of art supplies just in case I am ever "in the mood". I graduated (many moons ago) with an art degree and then never picked up a brush again.
You are so talented when it comes to staging photos. Everything looks so lovely.