Friday, August 3, 2012

Shabby Cottage Chic Jewelry Box

Shabby Cottage Chic...what it looks like to me...
decorating in soft tones...lots of white...vintage....chippy... distressed wood....worn and loved fabrics....greens....blues....pinks....browns....all the pretty soft colors of a spring day misted over with dew and soft sunlight.
Sea Breeze Blue jewelry box... black velvet lining...lots of storage room for all your favorite jewels.
This box is a heavy wooden box from the 1980's that I found at a thrift shop.  I love the black velvet lining and the heavy black wrought iron handles and latch. 
It has been upcycled by me and painted with this lovely soft blue paint.  I sanded and then waxed it with bees wax by hand to bring out a soft satin patina. 


WeelambieVintage Shabby Cottage Chic jewelry box. 
How do you like my little collectible  Avon Lamb?  It still has some perfume in it.  I think it is the sweetest little lamb and I couldn't resist getting it to ad to my shop pictures.
Anne   https://www.etsy.com/listing/105977743/shabby-cottage-chic-jewelery-box-chippy

No comments: